- find joy in what you have
- laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects
- it is easier to talk about other people than about politics
- do not sacrifice your principles to please anyone
- confidence brings more to conversation than does wit
- have patience with yourself
- liberty, like charity, begins at home
- the world belongs to the courageous
- always carry something to do in case you have to wait
- don't become too big for your britches
- never hate the truth
- don't forget to count your blessings
- everyone is selling something
- careless hurry may cause endless regret
buy the book!
8,789 Words of Wisdom is brimming with great advice, maxims, sayings and saws, proverbs, precepts, and truths.