- colored markers
- picnic areas with campfire circles
- giving your pet an extra treat
- building a collage file
- long-distance running
- a taco shell that doesn't rip or break
- flexing muscles
- the loon's call
- yard and garage sales
- any electronic gadget you figure out
- getting the jelly bean flavor you wanted
- taking the dog for a swim
- asking myself, "Do I need this?"
Things for kids to be happy about is a random list of smiley thoughts. It says to young people: enjoy the moment and look positively toward the future.