- evergreens in their natural setting, with just a dusting of snow
- walking aimlessly for however long you want
- country cousins
- a movie you tell friends about
- farm wagons bouncing down the lane
- seeing an ex who looks terrible
- catching something important before it gets away
- soul-searing heat
- settling into your chair dent
- a place where there is no electricity after midnight
- the Morton Salt girl
- resolving to do fewer things and to do them more effectively so that you can think more
- things in your life which you'd give a five-star rating
- raking leaves and quitting in the middle
buy the book!
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. It's all about paying attention and appreciating everything.