- listening to Robert Kennedy speeches
- cool limestone cellars
- blowing into a conch shell
- the New Kingdom rock-cut tombs at Saqqara, the burial ground of the great royal capital at Memphis
- a nomadic art studio
- freshwater lakes
- the beauty of poetry
- showering until there's fog
- starlings' process of roller feeding
- houses packed cheek by jowl along the coast
- martial artists
- Saturday Night Live's Bees skit
- having a pretty good sense of what is out there
- hiring help for a party
buy the book!
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. It's all about paying attention and appreciating everything.