- seeing the Moses by Michelangelo in Rome
- not getting any crank calls
- the art of children and their notes and doodles
- what kind of weather you'd be
- wholesale boxes of Hershey Bars, Milky Ways, and Tootsie Rolls
- a new sleeping bag
- decorating in "early Holiday Inn"
- watching kids open presents
- icefields of the Canadian Rockies
- positive emotions as a means to leading a better life
- honoring binding agreements
- jeans and a thick Irish sweater
- encountering some subtle phenomenon of nature - a cobweb trembling at sunrise, a banana slug making slow progress across a fallen branch
- sitting on an Anguillian beach the color and consistency of confectioners' sugar
buy the book!
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. It's all about paying attention and appreciating everything.